Nitin was appointed as Chief People and Transformation Officer in January 2022. He was subsequently also appointed as Chair of Hindustan Unilever Ltd in March 2022. He has been a member of the Unilever Leadership Executive since October 2013.
Chief People and Transformation Officer
My purpose is to demonstrate that exceptional outcomes can be delivered with good old values of dignity, respect, and fairness; and that purposeful business is wholly compatible with profitable business.Nitin Paranjpe, Chief People and Transformation Officer
In his Chief People and Transformation Officer role he is responsible for leading both human resources and the implementation of our new Compass Organisation globally. The Unilever Compass Organisation was announced in January 2022 and came into effect from 1 July 2022.
From May 2019, he was Unilever’s Chief Operating Officer and responsible for delivering in year results (P&L) for Unilever globally.
Prior to his role as Chief Operating Officer, Nitin was President of the Foods & Refreshment Division between 2017 and 2019, having served as President of Unilever’s Home Care Division from 2013 until 2017.
Nitin originally joined Unilever at Hindustan Lever Limited (India) in 1987 where he held various roles in marketing and sales. In 2000, he moved to Unilever London and was involved in a review of the organisation structure before becoming Executive Assistant to the Chair and Unilever Executive Committee.
On his return to India in 2002, Nitin held senior positions in laundry and household care, rising to Executive Director for Home & Personal Care, India (2006). In April 2008 he was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for Unilever, South Asia.
Nitin holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA in Marketing from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIM), in Mumbai, India.
For his efforts in blazing a trail for diversity, he won the GG2 Hammer Award in 2019. Previous winners were Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, and Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid.
Nitin is married with two adult children.
Follow Nitin on social
- 2022: Appointed Chair, Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- 2022: Appointed Chief People and Transformation Officer
- 2022: Member of the Chinmaya Mission Advisory Council
- 2021: Member of the Supervisory Board and Sustainability and Responsibility Committee of Heineken NV.
- 2019: Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- 2018: Appointed President of Unilever's Nutrition and Ice Cream Division
- 2013: Appointed President of Unilever's Home Care Category and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2008: Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for the South Asia cluster
- 2006: Executive Director of Home & Personal Care, India
- 2004: Vice President of Home Care, India
- 2002: Category Head - Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia), Laundry and Household Cleaning
- 2001: Executive Assistant to the Chair and Unilever Executive Committee
- 1999: Member of the Project Millennium Team
- 1987: Joined Unilever and held various roles including Brand Manager for Household Care and Sales head for the Southern Region in India