Hanneke was appointed President, Nutrition in January 2022 (effective 1 July 2022).
My purpose: doing well by doing goodHanneke Faber, President, Nutrition
In her current role, Hanneke leads Unilever’s Nutrition Business Group, including full P&L responsibility, strategy, M&A, innovation, marketing, digital and a supply chain of more than 200 factories and contract manufacturers around the world. Nutrition is a very profitable €12bn turnover business, present in more than 150 countries. It is known for iconic global brands Knorr and Hellmann’s, emerging brands like The Vegetarian Butcher and Maille, as well as local brand leaders like Horlicks and Boost functional nutrition, Brooke Bond tea, Bango soy sauce, and Calve peanut butter.
Prior to becoming Nutrition President, Hanneke was President of Unilever’s Foods & Refreshment Division (May 2019 – June 2022). Under Hanneke’s leadership, the Division’s growth accelerated significantly. She reshaped the portfolio with the disposal of most of the global Tea business and the acquisition of Horlicks/Boost and The Vegetarian Butcher. During her tenure, Foods & Refreshment was elected #1 in the World Benchmarking Alliance’s rating of 350 Food and Agriculture brands for responsible/sustainable business.
Hanneke joined Unilever in January 2018 as President Unilever Europe. She has been a member of Unilever Leadership Executive since that time.
Before joining Unilever, Hanneke was a member of the Executive Committee of global retailer Ahold Delhaize and held various international leadership roles at Procter & Gamble.
Hanneke is a member of the Board of Directors of Tapestry Inc. Prior to joining Tapestry in 2021, Hanneke served a five-year term on the Supervisory Board of Bayer AG, the life sciences company.
Hanneke holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Communications from the University of Houston, which she attended on a full athletic (diving) scholarship. She was a seven-time Dutch National Champion.
Hanneke was recognised by Fortune magazine as one of the most influential international women in business, as #23 in the latest ranking issued in 2021.
Hanneke is married and has a son and two daughters.
Follow Hanneke on social
- 2022: Appointed President, Nutrition
- 2021: Appointed Member of Tapestry Inc. Board of Directors
- 2019: Appointed as President, Foods & Refreshment
- 2018: Joined Unilever as President Europe and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2016 - 2017: Chief E-Commerce and Innovation Officer, Member of the Executive Committee at Royal Ahold Delhaize N.V.
- 2013 - 2016: Chief Commercial Officer and Member of the Executive Committee of Royal Ahold N.V., responsible for eCommerce, Digital, Innovation, Customer Branding and Loyalty
- 2009 - 2013: Vice President & General Manager, Global Pantene, Head & Shoulders & Herbal Essence at Procter & Gamble, USA
- 2005 - 2009: Vice President & General Manager, Beauty Care Europe & Global Distributors at Procter & Gamble, Switzerland
- 2000 - 2005: Marketing Director, Hair Care Europe at Procter & Gamble, Switzerland