Fernando was appointed President, Beauty & Wellbeing and a member of the Unilever Leadership Executive in April 2022.
President, Beauty & Wellbeing
My purpose: To promote positive changeFernando Fernandez, President, Beauty & Wellbeing
Fernando is an economist from University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, who joined Unilever in 1988. Since then, Fernando has developed a vast professional career across Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing and General Management.
Fernando has deep Strategy and Marketing experience having led the Hair Care category at Latin American, European and Global Level. Since 2008, Fernando has successfully led Unilever business in the Philippines, Brazil and more recently, the Latin American region.
In his recent role as Latin America Executive Vice President, Fernando has overseen a region encompassing 23 national operations, 12 product categories and a comprehensive manufacturing and distribution network. Under Fernando’s leadership, Latin America has delivered substantial revenue and profitability growth, while going through a profound transformation of its route to market, supply chain configuration and digital capabilities.
Born and raised in Argentina, Fernando is married and has two daughters.
- 2022: Appointed as President, Beauty and Wellbeing and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2019: EVP Latin America
- 2011: EVP Brazil
- 2008: SVP Philippines
- 2005: SVP Global Hair Care
- 2002: Vice President Hair Care Europe
- 1999: Vice President Hair Care Latin America
- 1996: Marketing Director Laundry River Plate
- 1995: Marketing Manager Laundry Argentina
- 1994: Marketing and Sales Accountant, Argentina
- 1993: Oils and Fats Supply and Procurement Manager, Argentina
- 1992: Manufacturing Controller, Argentina
- 1990: Head of Economic Analysis, Argentina
- 1988: Production Costs’ analyst, Argentina