Mr Sanjiv Mehta (61) is the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited.
President, Unilever, South Asia and Chair and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever
My purpose: to get the best out of people and empower them to deliver extraordinary resultsSanjiv Mehta, President, Unilever, South Asia and Chair and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever
Sanjiv Mehta is the Chair and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL). He has been leading Unilever’s business in India and the South Asia cluster since October 2013.
Sanjiv brings with him a wealth of experience. He has been with Unilever for nearly 28 years and, for the last 19 years, he has led Unilever businesses in different parts of the world.
Sanjiv holds a Bachelor’s degree in commerce (India) and is a Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has also completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School.
Sanjiv is a Director on the Board of Indian School of Business, President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, member of the Breach Candy Hospital Trust and South Asia Advisory Board of Harvard Business School. He chairs Xynteo ‘Vikaasa’, a coalition of top Indian and MNC companies and Co-chairs the Advisory Network to the High-Level Panel for a ‘Sustainable Ocean Economy.’
Follow Sanjiv on social
- 2019: President, Unilever South Asia and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2018: Chair and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever Limited and Executive Vice President, Unilever South Asia
- 2013: Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever Limited and Executive Vice President, Unilever South Asia
- 2008: Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Unilever North Africa and Middle East
- 2007: Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Unilever Philippines Inc.
- 2002: Chair and Managing Director, Unilever Bangladesh Limited
- 1999: Commercial Director, Unilever Bangladesh Limited
- 1992 - 1998: Various roles in Unilever Arabia
- 1992: Joined Unilever from Union Carbide India Limited