Ruby Lu was appointed as a Non-Executive Director by the Board of Unilever PLC in October 2021 and her appointment took effect from 1 November 2021. She is a member of both the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and the Compensation Committee.
Ruby Lu is a venture capitalist investing in technology start-ups in the U.S. and China. In 2019, Ruby founded Atypical Ventures, an early-stage technology venture investment firm. In 2006, she co-founded DCM China, a venture capital firm. During her 12-year tenure at DCM, she invested in, and served as a board member for, many leading technology companies. Prior to joining DCM Ruby was vice president in the investment banking group of technology, media and telecommunications at Goldman Sachs & Co.
Ruby is currently an independent director on the boards of Yum China and Uxin Limited.
Ruby obtained her master of arts from Johns Hopkins University in 1996. She brings to our Board extensive financial and global market experience.
- November 2021: Became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and a member of both the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and the Compensation Committee.
- 2017: Became a Non-Executive Director of Uxin Limited
- 2016: Became a Non-Executive Director of Yum China Holdings, Inc.
- 2020 - January 2021: Non-Executive Director of iKang Healthcare Group, Inc.
- 2014 - January 2019: Non-Executive Director of Blue City Holdings Limited