The implementation of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) is moving forward to enable the integration of new distributed energy resources and to bring more transparency to a well-balanced energy grid.
Smart meter data connectivity
Massive smart meter rollouts bring the question of smart meters´ connectivity; how do you make sure that grid managers receive metering data in due time, without connectivity disruption?
• How to simplify the selection of a connectivity provider, when dealing with global rollouts?
• How to ensure the best connectivity is chosen at installation?
• How to ensure Smart Meters maintain connectivity across their active life?
In this webinar, experts from Thales discuss smart metering connectivity and how grid managers can overcome network coverage issues, to benefit from a reliable and scalable connectivity infrastructure.
- Common pain points for smart meter makers and utilities (multiple meter SKUs, long installation time, network disruptions, physical maintenance…)
- How to choose a metering connectivity technology
- The benefits of IoT cellular connectivity
- Out-of-the-box connectivity provisioning (during manufacture, meter installation, or in the field)
- Securing resilient network coverage
- Review of use cases
Neil Bosworth, Head of IoT Segment Management | Thales Digital Identity & Security
Jose Sanchez Santana, Head of Product Line Management IoT Solutions | Thales Digital Identity & Security